DIY: Pumpkin Oatmeal Dog Biscuits
If you’ve been following me for awhile, you know that I love my two fur babies. They’re definitely our children and we spoil them so much. Now that the seasons are changing and it’s time for Fall to hit us full force, I think our dogs need to celebrate with us as well! These treats are perfect for your K-9 companions and they’re even healthy for them too!
You know I’m all about cost effective DIY’s with things that you already have in your home, because it’ll ultimately save you more money. This DIY I made with things that were around my house and will likely be around in yours too!
Here’s what you’ll need:
⅔ cup pumpkin puree
¼ cup peanut butter
3 cups finely ground oats
1. Add oats to a food processor and pulse until oats are ground up. It doesn't have to be as smooth as flour – but definitely fine. (I definitely didn't do this step because I didn't have time and they turned out just fine. You just can't make them into cute shapes.)
2. Add the rest of the ingredients to the flour and mix until completely blended.
3. Roll out the mix onto a floured surface and cut out cute shapes into your dough.
4. Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes.
5. Let cool completely and give to your deserving K9's as a sweet treat!